- No Purchases Necessary to Enter or Win.
- Registration will begin on January 4, 2021. Teams may register on T-Wolves Gaming’s website, https://twolvesgaming.nba.com. Registration for this Tournament will close upon the earlier date of: (i) the tournament reaching participant capacity, as defined below; or (ii) January 7, 2021. By registering for the tournament, you are representing and agreeing that you satisfy all eligibility requirements and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- Game mode will be 5v5 ProAM.
- Tournament will ONLY be open to, and held solely on, Sony PS5 gaming system.
- All participating teams must have five (5) players on the roster.
- Tournament capacity is set at 16 teams. Once we have 16 teams registration for the Tournament will be closed and any additional teams will be added to a waiting list.
- All registered participants and team roster members must be legal residents of the United States and at least eighteen (18) years of age to enter the tournament. The selected potential winner(s) may be required to provide proof of legal U.S. residency to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Employees of the Minnesota Timberwolves, T-Wolves Gaming, and the NBA, WNBA, and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc. and affiliated employees, along with their family members, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and their advertising, and production agencies are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
- Entry fee: Free entry, no purchase necessary
- Pursuant to NBA 2K League rules, the winning team with up to (5) members will be eligible to be added to the draft pool. One (1) prospect badge will be awarded to any other registered participant in the tournament at a future date. Draft pool eligibility is ultimately subject to NBA 2K League approval and requirements, as described below.
- Tournament to be played completely ONLINE
- Prizes: First place team in the tournament will receive: (i) Five Hundred ($500) dollars; and (ii) five (5) draft pool spots to be awarded to the eligible players from the winning team as detailed above. Second place team will receive two Hundred and Fifty ($250) dollars. The prize and all components must be accepted as awarded, and is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by T-Wolves Gaming or for which T-Wolves Gaming shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No substitution, assignment, refund or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by T-Wolves Gaming, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value, including cash, if a prize is not available for any reason as determined by T-Wolves Gaming in its sole discretion. If applicable, winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. Combined retail value of the prizes is $750 and odds of winning will depend on the number of teams entered into the tournament.
- Players that competed in season 3 of the NBA 2K League will NOT be allowed to compete in the tournament, any registration that violates this policy will be disqualified and removed from the tournament without notice.
- One (1) registered member of each team will be required to stream their game.
- Only one (1) submission per team, multiple submissions per team will be voided.
- Each team member must have their own unique and valid email address. Team owner is responsible for providing each team members email address during registration. Failure to provide a valid email address could lead to forfeit or removal from the tournament.
- Team owner will be required to provide Twitch username during registration.
- Team owners will be placed in a Discord group chat to schedule game times with other team owners.
- All decisions that are made regarding a team will be made by the team’s owner. Owners will be identified and labeled during the sign-up process.
- Tournament games will be a best of three series.
- If a team plays a player that isn’t on their submitted roster they will be disqualified and that game will be considered a loss, there will be no exceptions
- Team owners must submit all game screen shots to the T-Wolves Gaming discord within 24 hours of the game’s completion.
- Teams will have 48 hours to complete each round of the tournament.
- The finals will be played on January 20th, 2021 between 7:00 pm – 12:00 am CST.
- Once you have registered for the tournament, you cannot change your roster.
- Players can play for only (1) team, no exceptions and any violation will result in disqualification.
- All players must follow NBA 2K League’s rules and guidelines.
- If a player lags/disconnects out, the game must be replayed until time reaches the point of remaining time in the previous game. The team that was up during the disconnection will be spotted the number of points they were up by at the time of lag/disconnect. Player must provide proof of disconnection, intentional quitting of game or false claim of lag/disconnect will be grounds for disqualification.
- If a game is restarted/replayed you cannot switch badges the game must be finished as is.
- Players are not allowed to send messages during games, any violation may result in forfeit of game or loss of possession.
- If a gameplay glitch happens, players are instructed to record the clip and submit to T-Wolves Gaming. T-Wolves Gaming administrators will then decide on how to proceed and such decision will be indisputable and binding.
- T-Wolves Gaming will be solely responsible for settling disputes and interpreting tournament rules.
- Team owners will immediately comply with any request T-Wolves Gaming makes of teams to take down any content that relates to the tournament that we instruct them to take down during their streaming of the tournament.
- Mandatory tournament jersey guidelines: White or light-colored home uniforms. Dark-colored away jerseys.
- All participating teams must have the T-Wolves Gaming branded tournament logo on the court. Logos can be added via the following link http://NBA2K.com
- Players are not allowed to utilize the defensive badge Heart Crusher
The opportunity to join the NBA 2K League draft pool is subject to NBA 2K League approval, which approval may be granted or withheld in the sole discretion of the NBA 2K League, and the satisfaction of all applicable eligibility requirements established by the NBA 2K League.
To be eligible for potential draft eligibility, participants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age by October 01, 2020 in order to participate in the Season 4 tryout process, and must satisfy the NBA 2K League’s requirements to be eligible for the NBA 2K League Draft.
T-Wolves Gaming is not responsible if the tournament cannot take place, or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of T-Wolves Gaming reasonable control. If, for any reason the tournament is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of T-Wolves Gaming, which, in T-Wolves Gaming’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, T-Wolves Gaming reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend contest or any part of the tournament.
Except where prohibited, participation in the tournament constitutes participant’s consent for T-Wolves Gaming, the Minnesota Timberwolves and the NBA, WNBA, and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA 2K League, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officer, employees, and agents (“Entities”) to record, film, videotape and photograph the winner(s) (“Images”). These Images will be owned solely by T-Wolves Gaming. T-Wolves Gaming, Minnesota Timberwolves and the NBA, WNBA, and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA 2K League, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officer, employees, and agents shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and prize information and any other attributes of winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or on a winner’s list or any other lawful purpose, whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
All federal state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility.
By entering and playing in the tournament, each participant agrees to follow the official rules and hold harmless and indemnify the Entities against liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (1) individual’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion. Entities expressly reserve the right to amend, suspend or terminate this tournament at any time without prior notice or consent. Any questions relating to eligibility, these rules or any other questions concerning the tournament will be resolved at the sole discretion of T-Wolves Gaming and their decisions will be final and binding with respect thereto.
ILLEGITIMATE MANIPULATION OF THE TOURNAMENT MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, T-WOLVES GAMING RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE MINNESOTA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE TOURNAMENT AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA SHALL GOVERN. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THESE COURTS.